A poignant and funny love story about the ways, both sudden and slow, that lives can change irrevocably. After Callie meets Sara, the two unexpectedly fall in love. Their first kiss provokes a violent attack that transforms their lives in a way that they could never anticipate. STOP KISS simultaneously explores their journeys before and after that kiss.
WHEN: Sunday 3/1 @ 6:30 and Monday 3/2 at 7:30 PM
WHERE: STUDIO PLAYERS, 14 Alvin Place, Upper Montclair
PERFORMANCE DATES: April 24, 25, 26, 30, May 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9
- CALLIE (late 20s to early 30s) She came to NYC for college and never left. Her social life revolves around her old college friends. She is a traffic reporter, a job she got through a connection. (She will be required to appear in bra and panties briefly and kiss another woman)
- SARA (mid 20s to early 30s) She just moved to NYC from St Louis to accept a third grade teaching position in a dangerous part of the Bronx. She also left a long term relationship with her high school boyfriend. (She will be required to appear in bra and panties briefly and kiss another woman)
- GEORGE (late 20s to early 30s) Callie's friend with benefits since college.
- PETER (mid 20s to early 30s) Sara's ex-boyfriend who wants her back and doesn't really understand why she left.
- DETECTIVE COLE (40 +) NYC detective.
- MRS. WINSLEY (40 +) The witness to the attack who called 9-1-1.
- NURSE (40 +) Sara's nurse. (may double as Mrs. Winsley)