Seeking a multi-ethnic cast of 4 adults, 4 teens and 4-6 children.
Those auditioning will read from the script, sing a song a-cappella (no accompaniment) and do some basic dance movement.
- Adult characters include the Storyteller, Moon, Man & Woman, Farmer, Fisherman, Chief, Toumou the Caterpillar, Bahene, Mamadi & Wife, and Nyame.
- Teen & Children roles include various forest creatures (including Toad and Anansi the Spider & his daughter), Chief’s attendants, several child characters, and will share in the storytelling, singing and dancing.
- Rehearsals are generally 3 nights a week on Mon, Tues, Wed and/or Thurs (depending on cast and rehearsal space availability) from 7:30 – 9:30 PM.
- Rehearsals begin the second week of December, will break for the holidays and resume right after New Year’s Day.
PERFORMANCES (actors must be available for ALL 10 performances):
- Fri, January 23rd at 7:00 PM
- Sat, Jan 24th at 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
- Sun, Jan 25th at 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
- Fri, January 30th at 7:00 PM
- Sat, Jan 31st at 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
- Sun, Feb 1st at 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
A SPECIAL PERFORMANCE FOR “FIRST NIGHT”:
We have been asked to do about 20 minutes of the show for First Night (a family-day of events on New Year’s Eve). It is not mandatory, but we need at least 6 cast members for this performance. It is great publicity for the show!
For more information, go to www.TheStrollers.org or email email@example.com.
Yahaya Kamate has performed with Fotemoban Dance Company, Djensia Group, and Camodgen of N’guatta Dolikro Dance Company of Cote d’Ivoire and Affoubenou Sakassou Dance Company of Senegal. For the past 11 years, he has worked as lead dancer and choreographer for several companies in the United States, including Kulu Mele Dance Company and The Seventh Principle; and he has taught dance with organizations such as Djoniba Dance & Drum Center, Mark Morris Dance Group, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, and Harlem School of the Arts.