Directed by Camille Vecchio-DiLorenzo
Music Direction by Ilene Greenbaum
Produced by Howie Tilkin
WHEN: Monday, December 1 and Tuesday, December 2 from 7 PM-10 PM. Callbacks by appointment on Thursday, December 4.
WHERE: Pleasantdale Presbyterian Church, 471 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052.
Gypsy will feature a multi-ethnic cast.
- Please prepare an audition song from Gypsy or a similar style show.
- Those auditioning should bring their own sheet music (written in the correct key) and be prepared to sing 16 bars. An accompanist will be provided.
- You may be also asked to learn a brief dance combination.
- If you have a head shot, please bring it with you.
- All roles are open. Click here for character breakdown.
Gypsy is the ultimate story about an aggressive stage mother. Join Rose, June and Louise in their trip across the United States during the 1920′s, when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born. Jule Styne’s music and Stephen Sondheim’s lyrics include “Let Me Entertain You,” “Some People,” “You’ll Never Get Away from Me,” “If Momma Was Married,” “All I Need Is the Girl,” “Everything’s Coming Up Roses,” “You Gotta Get A Gimmick” and “Together Wherever We Go.” This is a gripping story of one
of the most frightening aspects of show business.