MURDERED TO DEATH
Directed by Tommy Donaldson
WHEN: Thur., Sept. 4th, at 7:30 PM; Sun., Sept. 7th, at 6:00 PM
WHERE: STUDIO PLAYERS, 14 Alvin Place, Upper Montclair
This hilarious spoof of the best of Agatha Christie traditions assembles a cast of classic Christie characters guaranteed to delight. Get caught up in the side-splitting antics following the mysterious death of the house's owner. It soon becomes clear that the murderer isn't finished yet. Will the murderer be unmasked before everyone else has met their doom or will audiences die laughing first?
- Mildred: (female, late 50s+) Aunt to Dorothy, moderately wealthy, own of the country house
- Dorothy: (female, mid to late 20s) Mildred’s niece and the housekeeper
- Bunting: (male, late 50s+) Butler of the house
- Colonel Charles Craddock: (male, late 50s+): Old friend and house guest of Mildred
- Margaret Craddock: (female, 50s) Wife of Charles
- Elizabeth: (female, mid 20s to mid 30s) Weekend house guest and girlfriend of Pierre. Must do an exaggerated high society British accent and Cockney accent.
- Pierre: (male, 30s) French art dealer and weekend guest of Mildred. Must speak with a French and Cockney accent
- Joan Maple: (Female, 50s+): Nosey neighbor of Mildred.
- Constable Thompkins: (male, 20s) Typical young village policeman
- Inspector Pratt: (male 40s+): Inept, clumsy, walking disaster of an inspector.
The play takes place in the lounge of a country manor in England In the 1930’s. All characters with the exception of Elizabeth and Pierre must do a British accent.
Sides will be provided
Performances Dates: November 7- 22