EQUITY & NONEQUITY AUDITION NOTICE
by Mary Chase
directed by Carl Wallnau
WHEN: September 3th from 10:30 AM-7:30 PM. Lunch break will happen between 12:45 - 1:30 PM
WHERE: Lackland Center, located at 715 Grand Ave in Hackettstown
The Centenary Stage Company, a not-for-profit professional equity theatre located on the campus of Centenary College in Hackettstown will hold Auditions for the production of HARVEY.
The production will run Oct. 3-19th, with the first rehearsal on September 15.
- Myrtle Mae Simmons: Late 20’s to late 30’s- Niece of Elwood. Comic Character
- Mrs. Ethel Chauvenet: 50’s to 60’s, Society Matron
- Ruth Kelly, RN: 20’s, attractive nurse at Chumley’s, romantically involved with Sanderson
- William Chumley, MD: 50’s to 60’s, Man of science whose life is turned upside down when he runs across Harvey
- Betty Chumley: 50s to 60s, Wife of Dr. Chumley
- Judge Omar Gaffney: 50s to 60s, Family Lawyer for Veta and Elwood
- Duane Wilson: late 20’s to late 30’s, Attendant at Chumley’s sanitorium, who develops a romantic attachment to Myrtle Mae
- E.J. Lofgren: 50’s – 60’s Taxi Driver who changes the course of the play
- CAST - Elwood P Dowd
- CAST - Veta Louise Simmons
- CAST – Lyman Sanderson, M.D.
Performers should bring a photo and resume, stapled back-to-back.
Actors may read sides from the script which will be provided at the audition, or perform a monologue for the audition.
Visually-impaired performers may request an advance copy of the sides when making an audition appointment.
Actors can call 908.979.0900 ext 8 to schedule an appointment. Actor without an appointment will be seen as time allows.
CSC operates under a SPT Actors Equity Association contract, with a weekly salary of $332.00 for union actors, and a stipend for non-union actors.