written by Jeffrey Sweet
directed by Joseph Porter
WHEN: Monday, Sept 8, and Wednesday, Sept 10, beginning at 7 PM
WHERE: Mondo, 426 Springfield Ave. in Summit
Nominated for Chicago's Joseph Jefferson Award for Best New Script, BLUFF is an off-beat comedy wherein Boy meets Girl, starts dating Girl and then loses Girl when Girl's family makes its presence felt. Sweet's play alternates between farce and drama as it breaks down traditional conventions to expose the underbelly of family relationships and the inherent differences in how men and women view the world around them.
Pictures and resumes required.
Short (1 minute) comedic monologue recommended.
PERFORMANCE DATES: weekends Nov 7-22, 2014
- Neal, 30-35.Lawyer, fit optimistic
- Emily, 30ish. Professional, guarded
- Gene, late 50s, early sixties. Dental supply salesman, aggressively boorish.
- B, early 50s. Alcoholic, acerbic
- Bonnie/Marta, 25-30. Pickup girl, sexy and brash
- Loring/Fred, 25-30. Victim/salesman, self pitying/aggressive