The Stone Church Players announce auditions for the June 2013 production
WHEN: Saturday April 6th, 2 PM – 4:30 PMm and again on Monday April 8th 7 PM – 9:30 PM; Callbacks, if necessary will be at 7:30 PM on Tuesday, April 9.
WHERE: All Saint’s Memorial Church at 202 Navesink Avenue, Navesink, NJ. (If using a GPS, you may need to enter the town as Atlantic Highlands).
Performances June 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16.
Rehearsals will be 2 – 3 nights per week and one weekend day.
Please note: Some roles have been precast. The following are the open lead roles we are looking to fill (Ages indicated are the age an actor must be able to realistically portray).
- ANNE EGERMAN: Giddy and virginal; naive at times. A breathtakingly gorgeous child bride and Fredrick's new wife. Female, 17-21 yrs old. Soprano.
- FREDRICK EGERMAN: Middle-aged lawyer who is married to his second wife, Anne, and has a son, Henrik, from his first marriage. Male, 35-45 yrs old. Baritone.
- HENRIK EGERMAN: Fredrick's gloomy son. He is serious but confused, as he studies for the Lutheran priesthood. Male, 18-23 yrs old. Tenor.
- COUNTESS CHARLOTTE MALCOLM: The Count’s manic depressive, mistreated, downtrodden wife. Female, 30 – 45 yrs old. Mezzo.
- MADAME ARMFELDT: Desirée's elderly mother; brutally honest and a veteran of discreet encounters with the crowned heads of Europe. Female, 65-85 yrs old. Alto.
Please prepare 16 bars of a musical theatre song that shows your vocal range. Sondheim is preferred but not required, and songs from the show are welcome. An accompanist will be provided. You may be asked to read from the script.