THE LADIES MAN
By Charles Morey, adapted from the play by George Feydeau
WHEN: Tuesday, Jan. 17, 10 AM to 7 PM
WHERE: The Lackland Center, at 715 Grand Ave., Hackettstown
The production will run Feb. 17 –March 4, with rehearsals beginning the week of January 30. CSC operates under a SPT contract, with both Equity and Non-Equity performers.
In Belle Époque Paris, the recently married Dr. Hercule Molineaux tells "one, tiny, little, hardly noticeable lie" to cover an innocent but embarrassing indiscretion. From that single untruth tumbles a cascade of increasingly convoluted deceptions, misunderstandings and mistaken identities and more slamming doors than realistic architecture should ever accommodate, all adding up to a hilariously zany and infectiously charming farce.
The following roles are available:
- MARIE…….late 20’s early 30’s. A maid with a secret in the household of Dr. Molineaux
- ETIENNE…….30’s-40’s, randy Butler with an eye towards the ladies. Need gifted physical comedian
- DR. MOLINEAUX……….CAST
- YVONNE MOLINEAUX……..20’s-early 30’s, young wife of Dr. Molineaux
- BASSINET…………40’s Patient of Dr. Molineaux. Has a comic lisp, Needs good physical comedian
- MADAME AIGREVILLE….Yvonne’s mother. Of indeterminate age. Referred to as a “Medusa”
- SUZANNE AUBIN……can be 20’sto 40’s. Oversexed wife of a Prussian Soldier
- GUSTAV AUBIN…….30’s-50’s. Large, physically imposing Prussian officer. Good physical comedian.
ALL PARTS NEED TO BE GOOD AT FARCE. Actors may read from the script or perform a comic monologue.
The production will be directed by Carl Wallnau, CSC Artistic Director.
While appointments are being scheduled, attempts will be made to see all auditionees who attend.
For more information, call 908.979.0900 ext 8.