DINO FAMILY DAY FESTIVAL
WHEN: Saturday, April 30, 11 AM – 4 PM
WHERE: Morris Museum, 6 Normandy Heights Road, Morristown
TICKETS: Free with museum admission: $7/child, $10/adult
Attend the grand opening of the new permanent exhibition, Digging Dinosaurs! Learn all about the lives of dinosaurs, featuring Hadrosaurus foulkii—the New Jersey State Dinosaur!
See Live Performances in the theater at 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM
Travel with Dino Man as he takes his giant inflatable “dinosaurs” on a prehistoric adventure. Appropriate for all ages.
Activities all day:
- Search for fossils in the dinosaur dig pit
- Climb inside a model of a dinosaur nest
- Touch an authentic hadrosaur egg
- Reconstruct a dinosaur skeleton
- Create a dinosaur puppet to take home
- Examine real amber in the Fossil Lab
- Check out dinosaur dung
- Follow dinosaur footprints throughout the exhibition
- Play “Feed the T. Rex”
- Make a fossil footprint rubbing
- Learn how to walk like a dinosaur
Play the “Dinosaur Name Game”: create a new species of dinosaur
Meet paleontologists and ask them your dinosaur questions:
- Gary Manageri – NJ Paleontological Society
- Dave Parris – NJ State Museum
- Gary Vecchiarelli – NJ State Museum (Project Dryptosaurus)
- Dave Nalven – Morris Museum
To celebrate the opening of the museum’s dinosaur exhibition, all museum members (and new members) who arrive at Dino Day before 1 PM will receive a free dinosaur souvenir for each child under 10.
Please e-mail email@example.com or call 973.971.3720 for more information.