Summer Wonder Camp
The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey is now offering an extended care option for its Summer Wonder Camp. Campers may stay until 5pm for a special rate of $50/week or $15/day. Call the Art Center at (908) 273-9121 or stop by in person to reserve a spot for your child today. For your convenience, early drop-off is also available from 8:30-10am for $100/week.
Summer Wonder Camp is open to children (5-12) and teens (13-16) and runs in weekly sessions from July 10 to August 31. Guided by professional art educators, campers explore weekly themes by creating art projects using a variety of media and techniques, including drawing, painting, sculpture, and printmaking. Camp runs Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm. Register by phone at (908) 273-9121, online at www.artcenternj.org, or in person. The following weeks are currently available:
· July 10 - July 14: Build It! Building & Taking Apart in Art
· July 17 - July 21: Light It Up! Light & Shadow in Art
· July 24 - July 28: Fill It Up! Flat to Full in Art
· July 31 - August 4: Stay Balanced (or Not)! Balance and Imbalance in Art
· August 7 - August 11: Make It! Soft and Hard Materials in Art
· August 14 - August 18: MOVE! Motion and Stillness in Art
· August 21 - August 25: Shake It Up! Pattern & Disorder in Art
· August 28 - August 31: Bend, Stretch, Pull! Proportion & Distortion in Art
The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey is located at 68 Elm Street in Summit, New Jersey. Visit www.artcenternj.org for more information. Gallery Hours: Monday to Wednesday and Friday: 10 AM to 5 PM; Thursday 10 AM to 8 PM; and Saturday & Sunday 11 AM to 4 PM. Please call 908-273-9121 to confirm holiday hours.
Major support for the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey is provided by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the Walter V. and Judith L. Shipley Family Foundation, the Wilf Family Foundations, and Art Center members and donors.
About the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey
For more than 80 years, the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey has been exclusively dedicated to viewing, making, and learning about contemporary art. Recognized as a leading non-profit arts organization, the Art Center’s renowned studio school, acclaimed exhibitions, and educational outreach initiatives serve thousands of youth, families, seniors, and people with special needs every year.