WHEN: Monday, December 12 from 10:30am – 7:00pm. Auditions will be held by APPOINTMENT ONLY. To schedule an appointment interested performers must contact the Centenary Stage Company box office directly at (908) 979 – 0900. The CSC box office is open Monday through Friday from 1 – 5pm and is located in the Lackland Performing Arts Center on the campus of Centenary University at 715 Grand Ave. Hackettstown, NJ.
WHERE: Kutz Theater of the Lackland Performing Arts Center at 715 Grand Ave. Hackettstown, NJ
Centenary Stage Company a not-for-profit professional theater in residence on the campus of Centenary University in Hackettstown, NJ will be holding open EPA auditions for the world premiere of Patricia Cotter’s The Surrogate.
O’Neil National Playwrights Conference finalist, The Surrogate is a smart, funny play about what we ask of our friends, our parents and spouses, and whether we’ll get any of our important life decisions right. When Billy and Sara ask their best friends Margaret and Jen to be the guardians of their precious Tallulah (and yet-to-be-born baby Carroll), lives change and friendships are tested, and the definition of what makes a modern family is rewritten.
Centenary Stage Company is seeking the following roles:
- MARGARET. Female, 40s. A writer, teaches at a for-profit university in San Francisco. She is struggling with writer’s relationship and life block. Searching, funny, flawed. All Ethnicities welcome.
- BILLY. Male, 40s. Margaret’s best friend and oldest friend. A serial start-up guy, waiting for one to actually start up. Fatherhood has changed him, maybe not for the better. Married to Sara. All Ethnicities welcome.
- SARA. Female, 30s. This role has been CAST.
- JEN. Female, 50. Margaret’s girlfriend. A nurse practitioner, the kind of woman you want on your wagon train. Down-to-earth, honest, strong. All Ethnicities welcome.
- RITA. Female, 65. A cagey sixty five. Wealthy, liberal (politically), judgy. A vineyard owner. Sara’s not a very motherly mother. All Ethnicities welcome.
- CRYSTAL. Female, early 20s. First time surrogate, smart, a survivor, goes on instinct more than she should. Doesn’t have it all figured out yet. All Ethnicities welcome.
Directed by Shelley Delaney, rehearsals begin January 31 and run through February 17. Performances will be February 17 through March 5.
Centenary Stage Company operates under an SPT 4 contract with a $352.00 per week minimum.
The 2016 - 17 season of performing arts events at the Centenary Stage Company is made possible through the generous support of the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the NJ State Council on the Arts, the Shubert Foundation, the Blanche and Irving Laurie Foundation, the Sandra Kupperman Foundation, and CSC corporate sponsors, including Premier Season Sponsor Heath Village Retirement Community, Silver Sponsors Hackettstown Medical Center, Home Instead Senior Care (Washington), The Holiday Inn in Budd Lake, and Fulton Bank of New Jersey, and Centenary Stage Company members and supporters.