WHEN: Monday, December 19 at 8pm and Tuesday, December 20 at 7:30pm.
WHERE: Studio Players, 14 Alvin Place, off Valley Road near the Acme in Upper Montclair
Performance dates: March 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, April 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8. Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays are at 8:00pm, Sundays at 3:00pm.
Jake, a novelist who is more successful with fiction than with life, faces a marital crisis by daydreaming about the women in his life. The wildly comic and sometimes moving flashbacks played in his mind are interrupted by visitations from the many women in his life: his revered first wife, his daughter, his sister, his analyst, his current wife who is leaving Jake for another man, and a prospective third wife.
No monologues required. Sides from the script will be provided and are available prior to auditions online at www.StudioPlayhouse.org
For more information visit the Studio Playhouse website or call 973-744-9752
No Pay, No Fee
- JAKE: (Male, 45-60) a successful writer who struggles to control his own characters.
- MAGGIE: (Female, 35-45) Jake's fiercely independent estranged second wife.
- KAREN: (Female, 40-50) Jake's tough-as-nails younger sister.
- MOLLY (age 12): (Female, 11-16) Jake's daughter as he will always picture her.
- MOLLY (age 21): (Female) Jake's daughter in real life, despite his unwillingness to accept that fact. Both in real life and fantasy, she is supportive of her father.
- EDITH: (Female, 40-60) Jake's blatantly honest therapist.
- JULIE: (Female, 20-25) Jake's seemingly perfect deceased first wife.
- SHEILA: (Female, 30-40) Jake's freewheeling attempt to fill the void left by his crumbling marriage