BOYS IN THE BAND
A drama by Mart Crowley
Directed by Steve Lemenille
WHEN: November 3rd and November 5th from 7-10PM
WHERE: The Loft at UCPAC (1601 Irving Street), Rahway, NJ
A pre-audition form may be completed by those interested by visiting: http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/h8eFqd75wHX0Udx
Performance dates: Jan 8-10, 15-17, 2016
Time Period-1960s. In his upper eastside Manhattan apartment, Michael is throwing a birthday party for Harold, a self-awoved "32 year-old, pock-marked, Jew fairy," complete with surprise gift: "Cowboy" a street hustler. As the evening wears on, fueled by drugs and alcohol, bitter, unresolved resentments among the guests come to light when a game of "Truth" goes terribly wrong.
This seminal work of the Off-Broadway movement premiered in 1968 and was a long-running hit onstage, later filmed with the original cast. In 2010, the play made a triumphant return to New York City in an highly praised production produced by Drama Desk and Obie Award-winning Transport Group.
Cast requisites: 9 Males
- MICHAEL - thirty, average face, smartly groomed.
- DONALD - twenty-eight, medium blond, wholesome American good looks.
- EMORY - thirty-three, small, frail, very plain.
- LARRY - twenty-nine with a starkly simple sense of individual style and color in his clothes. Dark eyes, dark hair, extremely handsome.
- HANK - thirty-two, tall, solid, athletic, attractive.
- BERNARD - twenty-eight, African-American, tall, gaunt, nice-looking, dressed in Ivy-League clothes.
- COWBOY - twenty-two, light blond, muscle-bound, too pretty.
- HAROLD - thirty-two, dark, lean, strong limbs, unusual face.
- ALAN - thirty, aristocratic Anglo-Saxon features.