WHEN: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, starting at 8 PM; Friday, January 30, 2015, starting at 7 PM; Saturday January 31, 2015, starting at 10 AM
WHERE: St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 140 South Finley Ave, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
FEE: There is a $10 audition fee to cover accompaniment costs, waived for non-leading role auditions and cast members of prior company productions
- Auditions are by appointment only.
- Primarily seeking performers based in New Jersey.
- Principal roles are paid positions and includes commuting travel stipend based on distance and transit type.
- Email photo and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
original LONJ cabaret based on Tony Award-winning shows
PERFORMANCE DATES: April 30th, May 1st & 2nd, and an additional alternate weekend to be announced
- 4 Men and 4 Women Cabaret style and crossover singers
A Little Night Music
by Stephen Sondheim
PERFORMANCE DATES: July 10th, 11th, 17th 18th at 8 PM; July 12th, 19th at 2 PM
- Fredrik Egerman: Baritone. A successful widowed middle-aged lawyer. He is married to the 18-year-old Anne and has one son from his previous marriage, Henrik.
- Anne Egerman: Soprano. Fredrik’s new, naive wife.
- Henrik Egerman: Tenor. Fredrik’s son, 20 years old and Anne’s stepson. He is serious but confused, as he reads the works of philosophers and theologians as he studies for the Lutheran priesthood.
- Petra: Mezzo Belt. Anne’s maid and closest confidante.
- Desiree Armfeldt: Mezzo. Self-absorbed, once-successful actress, now touring the country-side in what is clearly not the “glamorous life”.
- Fredrika Armfeldt: Treble. Desiree’s thirteen-year-old daughter, who may or may not be the product (unbeknownst to Fredrik) of the actress’s and Fredrik’s affair.
- Madame Armfeldt: Sop/Mezzo. Desiree’s mother, who has had “liaisons” with royalty.
- Count Carl-Magnus Malcolm: Baritone. A military dragoon who is Desiree’s latest lover.
- Charlotte Malcolm: Soprano. Carl-Magnus’ wife.
- Frid: Baritone. Madame Armfeldt’s manservant.
- The Quintet: Mr. Lindquist, Mrs. Nordstrom, Mrs. Anderssen, Mr. Erlanson and Mrs. Segstrom. A group of five singers that act as a Greek Chorus. Sometimes referred to as the Liebeslieder Singers
The True Story of Cinderella
by Warren Martin
PERFORMANCE DATES: October 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th and 17th at 8 PM; October 11th at 2 PM
- King, Baritone
- Queen, Lyric Soprano
- Stepmother, Contralto
- 1st Stepsister, Soprano
- 2nd Stepsister, Mezzo
- Cinderella, Soprano
- Fairy Godmother, Soprano
- Prince, Tenor
- Herald, Baritone
- Hermits 1,2 and 3, Tenors
Also part of the October show:
Speed Dating Tonight
by Dean Anthony and Michael Ching
- 5 to 6 Women
- 5 to 6 Men
- Various voice types, crossover singers
- Extensive character acting required
Amahl and the Night Visitors
by Gian Carlo Menotti
PERFORMANCE DATES: December 4th, 5th at 5 PM and 7 PM both nights
- Amahl, Treble (we will not be hearing auditions for the role of Amahl at this time)
- Mother, Lyric Soprano
- King Kaspar, Tenor
- King Melchior, Baritone
- King Balthazar, Bass
- Page, Baritone
- Significant ensemble of all voice parts
- Three dancers
NOTE: LONJ is hiring a salaried Administrative Manager starting January 1, 2014. Please reply to this address for a job description and details.