Founded by jazz industry veteran MICHAEL KLINE, who left New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina to return to CAPE MAY, NEW JERSEY, only to launch the New Festival right after Hurricane Sandy
2nd Annual Exit 0 International Jazz Festival
Featuring DIANNE REEVES, EDDIE PALMIERI, KENNY GARRETT, ETIENNE CHARLES, AARON DIEHL, LAKECIA BENJAMIN, BRUCE BARTH-GARY BARTZ DUO, FREDERIC YONNET, JOE LOCKE, JAIMEO BROWN, HENRY BUTLER & MORE
WHEN: NOVEMBER 8-10*
WHERE: Xerox Stage in Cape May Convention Hall
TICKETS: POP's PASS / Ticket Planning. Exit 0 will begin selling its popular Pop's Passes at the launch party. For only $38, the Pop's Pass gets a music fan into all of the participating clubs throughout the Festival weekend. Fest goers can plan their TICKETS HERE
During the three-day Veterans Day weekend, Exit 0 will present world-class artists in intimate and fun settings. The Festival has Grammy Award-winners, living legends, NEA Jazz Masters, international musicians and home-grown talent too. The Festival will host well over 100 international touring musicians with performances and Festival events held at Convention Hall and club venues along the scenic beachfront. The atmosphere is that of a European festival, with fest goers strolling from venue to venue sampling the many styles of music from jazz, soul, reggae, blues and R&B.
*On Friday, November 8, Exit 0 presents jazz royalty DIANNE REEVES, the pre-eminent jazz vocalist in the world. As a result of her breathtaking virtuosity, improvisational prowess and unique jazz and R&B stylings, Reeves received the Grammy for Best Jazz Vocal Performance for three consecutive recordings - a Grammy first in any vocal category.
*On Saturday, November 9, EDDIE PALMIERI & his Latin Jazz Band will headline the Xerox Stage. With a musical career that has spanned over 50 years, Palmieri—a National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master and 9-time Grammy Award winner—is known for his charismatic power and bold innovative drive.
The Festival also features music in six other club venues throughout the weekend including the following artists from the following areas. (Cape May/NJ) Pacific Orchestra; Meadows; Frank Bey. (NYC): Kenny Garrett; Marc Cary Focus Trio; Bruce Barth; Gary Bartz; Aaron Diehl; Alicia Olatuja; Lakecia Benjamin; Etienne Charles; Jaimeo Brown; Joe Locke; Charnett Moffett; Jana Herzen; Matuto. (DC) Frederic Yonnet. (Boston) Robin McKelle. (New Orleans) Henry Butler. (Africa) Alidu.
- Kenny Garrett. The Cape May Center of Community Arts will sponsor a FREE concert at the Xerox Main Stage in Convention Hall on Saturday, November 8 at 12:30 PM. The featured artist will be the stellar saxophonist Kenny Garrett, the preeminent alto player of his generation.
- Motéma Music 10th Anniversary Celebration. The Harlem, New York City,-based Grammy Award-nominated record label will bring its 10th anniversary tour to Exit 0 after stops at jazz festivals in Detroit and Monterey. Performing artists are label founder Jana Herzen and label artists Lakecia Benjamin, Jameio Brown, Marc Cary, Matuto, Charnett Moffett and Joe Locke
Convention Hall, southern New Jersey's premier showcase for performing arts and social events, will be turned into a beautiful 550-seat intimate throwback jazz club for both headline events.
Unforgettable music. Unbelievable food choices. Festival wine tasting events. Special Festival cocktails and brews. Awe inspiring sunsets. Parking is free. The people are nice. Music reigns. Come on in—the jazz feels great!
- Hospitality: Cape Resorts Group Properties / La Mer Beachfront Inn / The Montreal Inn.
- Media: Motéma Music / Exit 0 Magazine / WCFA-LP / Media in Motion Graphics /WRTI FM / WBGO FM.
- Community. Chamber of Commerce of Greater Cape May / Center for Community Arts / Whale's Tale / Cape May Whale Watch / Splash / Flying Fish Studio / Sea Star Boutique / Just 4 Wheels / Maus Arts.