WHEN: May 18 at 10:30 AM; May 20 and 22 at 7:30 PM: Callbacks (by invitation only) May 25 at 10:30 AM
WHERE: Little Firehouse Theatre, 298 Kinderkamack Road in Oradell
Inspired by Miguel de Cervantes's 17th century masterpiece Don Quixote, this Tony Award-winning musical tells the story of the "mad" knight, Don Quixote, as a play within a play performed by the poet Cervantes and his fellow prisoners as they await a hearing with the Spanish Inquisition. The beautiful score, featuring the anthem "The Impossible Dream," led the way to five Tony Awards in 1965 and a Broadway run of six years
Performance Dates: September 14 through October 12
- Auditioners should prepare an excerpt of a song (16-32 bars) not from MOLM that best represents their voice and bring sheet music for the accompanist in the proper key.
- Those auditioning for a specific role may sing a song of their choosing but should be familiar with the songs from the show.
- There will be no dance auditions.
- ALL ROLES ARE OPEN.
- Don Quixote/Cervantes: (Baritone) Tall, slim. Double role
Quixote: childlike, openness, much gusto & verve
Cervantes: courtly, loves to play act
- Sancho Panza: (High Baritone or Tenor) Comic role - companion to Cervantes, squire to Quixote
- Aldonza/Dulcinea: (Soprano) Buxom, earthy, highly sexual type
- Padre: (Tenor) Looks and age variable
- Governor/Innkeeper: (Baritone) Looks and age variable
- Antonia: (Soprano) Ingénue, small, pretty, delicate
- Housekeeper: (Mezzo) Mature, looks variable
- Duke/Dr. Carracas: (Baritone) Mature, looks variable Barber - (Tenor) Looks and age variable
- Fermina: Moorish Belly Dancer
- Muleteers (6): Singers; Roughnecks—inmates; various ages & sizes
The balance of the singing ensemble includes Maria, Innkeeper's wife, Captain and Guards of the Inquisition.
For more information contact Jacqueline McElroy-Poquette at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201.497.5717.