19th ANNUAL JERSEY VOICES ONE-ACT FESTIVAL
WHEN: Monday, June 3, and Tuesday, June 4, at 7:00 PM
WHERE: Chatham Playhouse, 23 North Passaic Ave., Chatham.
PERFORMANCE DATES: July 26, 27 and August 2 & 3.
Jersey Voices has provided a venue for New Jersey playwrights to showcase their work since 1995.
They are looking for men and women, ages 20 to 80, to fill roles for six one-act plays.
Actors may read from sides available at the auditions or they may present a monologue.
For those who are interested, full scripts will be available for reading at the Library of the Chathams—across the street from the Playhouse
Presented Pieces are:
- Most Beautiful Rock by Eric Alter: The Story of War told and heard by people who aren't quite ready to hear it and are surprised by how it ultimately resolves. Need: One male (mid 20's), one male (30’s-40’s) and one female (20’s-30’s) Directed by Joann Scanlon
- One Woman's Onions by Mark McCarthy: Two modern suburban sisters with separate lives dance around their differences, but finally come to the fact that they love and care for each other and will find a place of common thought. Need: Two women (20's-40's) Directed by Arnold Buchiane
- Fool Me Twice by Jerrod Bogard: Being Royalty is really just a business... Need: One woman to play the Beautiful Queen Helena, One man to play the advisor to the Queen and one male to play the Court Jester, a victim of hard times. Directed by Paul Bettys
- Aquasize by Loretta Napolitano: A group of Senior Citizens adjust to their ages and the reality while trying to get their exercise in. Need: One female (80’s), three females (70’s) and two males (70’s). Directed by Steve Catron
- The 5564 to Toronto by Karen Howes: The impossible to believe happens in a near empty bus terminal at 4:00 in the morning. Need: One male (20’s or 30’s any race) and one female (20’s or 30’s any race) Directed by Ron Mulligan
- Keli Richards by Omar Kozarsky: Love is blind and love endures. Unrequited love, though, is still tough to live with. Need: One female (early 20’s-mid 30’s, beautiful movie actress), one male (early 20’s-mid 30’s, clean cut, good looking) and one male (30’s-40’s, bodyguard, imposing figure). Directed by Megan Ferentinos
The Chatham Players have an open call casting policy. ALL roles are open, none are precast, and everyone is encouraged to audition. Any questions, please call Bob Lukasik, Artistic Director at 201-412-4039. For directions or additional information about each of the one-acts being produced, please visit www.chathamplayers.org