ROCKY HORROR SHOW
Book, Music and Lyrics by RICHARD O'BRIEN
Director: Ken Magos
Musical Director: Brian Michalowski
Choreographer: Megan Lahiff Ferentinos
WHEN: August 7, 8 & 9 at 7:00 PM; callbacks August 11 at 5:00 PM
WHERE: Cranford Dramatic Club, 78 Winans Ave, Cranford, NJ
Please prepare a 32-bar cut from a rock or contemporary musical theater song, in the proper key (no lead sheets); if you prefer, you may choose to sing from the score. Dance auditions will take place at the callbacks.
Click here for more information, show dates, audition requirements and sides.
Because of the adult themes showcased in The Rocky Horror Show, the CDC strongly suggests that this production is inappropriate for anyone under the age of 13.
- DR. FRANK 'N' FURTER: Male, age 25-45. A sweet transvestite (and Alien) who is equal parts masculine and feminine, and comfortable with wearing women’s clothing (lingerie, corset, fishnet stockings, stiletto heels), showing a bit of flesh, sexual situations, and physical contact with both men and women. Baritone or Tenor.
- BRAD MAJORS: Male, age 20-35. An everyman who is nerdy and stalwart, yet romantic at heart. Must be comfortable performing in underwear only, as well as women’s lingerie and heels (Floor Show). Baritone or Tenor.
- JANET WEISS: Female, age 20-35. Brad’s innocent fiancée, who journeys from prim to prowling over the course of the evening. Must be comfortable performing in bra, panties and slip only. Solid belt mix.
- RIFF RAFF: Male, age 20-40. Works as the Doctor’s Butler, but is actually an alien with an agenda. Outrageous, creepy, and over the top. Rock Tenor Belt.
- MAGENTA/USHERETTE #1: Female, age 20-40. Works as the Doctor’s Maid. She is also an alien with an agenda, and Riff-Raff’s sister. (As the Usherette, she opens and closes the show.) Overtly seductive and slightly off. Solid Belt.
- COLUMBIA/USHERETTE #2: Female, age 20-35. Hyper, manic, bipolar, prone to adolescent mood swings. Must be able to tap dance. Character Belt.
- ROCKY: Male, age 20-35. The idealized blonde muscle man, as built by the Doctor. Must be muscular, and comfortable performing in a speedo. Rock Tenor.
- EDDIE/DR. EVERETT SCOTT: Male, age 30-45. Eddie (high baritone/tenor) is a bad boy who has a complicated relationship with both Frank and Columbia. Dr. Scott (baritone with good low notes) is a scientist with a German accent, uses a wheelchair. Will consider splitting these roles.
- NARRATOR: May be Male or Female, age 30-70. Minimal singing. Stuffy, droll, must be able to roll with extensive audience interaction.
- PHANTOMS: Male and Female, age 20-40, all vocal ranges. Must dance or move very well.
PLEASE NOTE: All actors must be comfortable in skimpy or tight fitting clothing, showing flesh (no nudity), liberal theatrically sexual situations, extensive audience interaction, being wild and outrageous, and taking chances.
10/19 @ 8 PM
10/20 @ 8 PM
10/26 @ 8 PM
10/27 @ 8 PM and Midnight
10/31 @ 8 PM
11/2 @ 8 PM
11/3 @ 8 PM