Book by Roger O. Hirson
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
WHEN: January 17 and 18, 6:30 to 9 PM; callbacks: January 19
WHERE: Fair Lawn Recreation Center, 10-10 20th Street, Fairlawn, New Jersey
Performance Dates: March 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 23 and 25
Auditions will be in two parts, Vocal and Dance Audition.
- Vocal: Please prepare 2 songs: (1) 32 bars of a song of your choice showing off your vocal range, (2) a song from the show reflecting the character you are auditioning for. An accompanist will be provided so please bring sheet music.
- Dance: All auditoners will be asked to learn a short dance combination. Please bring the necessary clothes and shoes to be comfortable during the dance section of the auditions.
Musical Director/Conductor: Charles Santoro
Associate: Joel Condon
Direction Team: Tom Lawrence, Bob Russell, and Michelle Stern
Producer: Tom Lawrence
Executive Producer: Peg Peet
Stage Manager: Alexis Steponanko
***Note: We are also seeking people with special skills.
(Ex: acrobatics, plate spinning, juggling, magic, etc.)***
- Berthe - Pippin's saucy Grantmother, E3 - F#5, Alto
- Catherine - A widow. An attractive, sharp woman., Gb3 - E4, Alto
- Charles - Pippin's father, Bb2 - E4, Baritenor
- Fastrada - Pippin's conniving stepmother. A3 -F#, Soprano (Mezzo-Soprano)
- Leading Player - Dynamic, magnetic male or female, C#3 - A4, Baritone, (or Mezzo-Soprano)
- Lewis - Pippin's foppish stepbrother, E3 - E4, Baritenor
- Pippin- Earnest, attractive, misguided, G2 - Ab4, Tenor (Baritenor)
- Theo - Catherine's young son. A teenager.
- Band of Players - 4 males, 4 females.Each sings and plays a variety of roles, places and objects. The show's individual characters emerge from this "band": Beggar, Field Marshall, Noble, Peasant, The Head
This is a non-equity, non-paying production.
For additional information please visit the website at: www.oldlibrarytheatre.net