Fosterfields Living Historical Farm of Morris Township Presents
The Woods Family Country Christmas
WHEN: Wednesday - Friday, December 7 - 9, 1 to 4 PM
WHERE: Fosterfields Farm, 74 Kahdena Road, Morristown (off Rte. 24 West)
ADMISSION: Admission for The Woods Family Country Christmas holiday event is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors (65+), $4 for children ages 4 to 16, and $2 for children ages 2 and 3. FREE for children under age 2 and Friends members with a valid membership card.
For more information, call Fosterfields at 973.326.7645 or visit www.morrisparks.net.
Enjoy a simpler approach to Christmas when Farm Superintendent Edward Woods and his family lived in the Farmhouse.
- Create English Christmas “crackers” that pop!
- Learn about knitting and darning, and enjoy seasonal music played on the piano.
- Savor the aromas of traditional English foods being prepared on the wood stove.
- Recall Edward and his wife Agnes’ British heritage while in the Farmhouse and get a glimpse of a farm family’s many responsibilities.
- Help create evergreen swags to trim the Farmhouse exterior, look for a Yule log for the Farmhouse fireplace, and try warm, roasted chestnuts.
- Get crafty and decorate holiday cookies, or make an ornament to place on the Visitor Center’s Christmas tree.