By Neil Simon
Directed by Greg Louis
December 6 & 7 at 7:30 PM, with callbacks on December 12.
Show dates are February 24th through March 10th
WHERE: Edison Valley Playhouse, 2196 Oak Tree Road, Edison
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Director Greg Louis is seeking 9 actors, 4 or 5 men and 4 or 5 women 20 to 60 for the following roles.
- Karen Nash: female 35-60: Forty-eight years old and fine with it. A pleasant and affable woman, comfortable with herself and her age, witty, down-to-earth. Karen has allowed herself to look middle aged because she knows she is middle aged. She is witty, and down to earth. She is also secretly hoping the visit at the suite will bring her and her husband closer together. It is their Anniversary......she thinks.
- Sam Nash: male 40-60: Sam is Fifty years old but can not come to terms with it. He is trim, incredibly neat well-tailored, exercises and diets, and is a workaholic. Sam needs to know he looks good, and also that others know he looks good. He goes to great strides to keep the years at bay, with exercise and a meticulous diet. Sam is a workaholic, but not just because he likes to work.
- Jesse Kiplinger: male 30-50: A confident forty-year-old Hollywood producer who has made his success but still feels his life is missing the kind of relationship he had in his teens with Muriel. OK fine, he's in NY, wants to leverage his fame and Muriel's crush, and wants to get lucky.
- Muriel Tate: female 30-50: Late thirties, very attractive and still seems somewhat naive. Warm and generous and very impressed with Jesse, although she claims to be happily married. She is unsure of meeting with him, and yet can't seem to make a decision to stay or go. She claims to be happily married.....
- Norma Hubley: female 40-60: Mother of the bride and trying to appear calm in a crisis with every one- EXCEPT her husband. Married to a Type A personality, she sways from trying to keep him in calm and in control while passively and aggressively taking a stand for herself.
- Roy Hubley: male 40-60: Father of the bride, with the bills to prove it. a competitive businessman, out of his league when dealing with emotions and marrying off his daughter.
- Jean McCormack/ Mimsey Hubley (doubled role) female 25-40: Jean is Sam's secretary and highly efficient. She is well groomed, attractive, and bright and cheerful at 28 years of age. She is also Sam's mistress. Jean will also play the bride, Mimsey in a Act 3.)
- Waiter/ Bellhop (doubled role) male or female 20-50: Well-trained to be friendly and please customers, eager to please that is as long as he needs to get his tip. Will be in two acts and can be either male or female. Needs good comic timing.
- Borden Eisler: male 20-35: The young confident groom, a man of few words. (Literally)
Questions may be directed to Greg at email@example.com
Feel free to forward and invite your friends!