4th Wall Theatre, a non-union, professional theater company, will hold open auditions for all roles in the musical
THE SPITFIRE GRILL
Music and book by James Valcq
Lyrics and book by Fred Alley
Directed by 4th Wall Artistic Director Kate Swan Musical direction by Markus Hauck
WHEN: Thursday & Friday, August 4 & 5, at 7 PM
WHERE: Westminster Arts Center, on the corner of Franklin and Fremont streets in Bloomfield.
The Spitfire Grill will be presented at The Westminster Arts Center in Bloomfield, NJ, where the company is in residence.
Rehearsals will begin in late August/early September and the production runs October 14, 15, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
- Sign up starts at 6:30 PM; auditioners must sign-in by 8 PM.
- Callbacks will be held on Saturday, August 6, at 2 PM.
- Actors should prepare two songs in a strong folk/country or musical theater style.
- Women auditioning for Percy and Shelby should have a strong belt to D.
- Bring sheet music in your key. An accompanist will be provided.
- All singing characters must be able to carry tight harmonies.
- Please bring conflicts and headshot and resume (stapled together) to the auditions.
- Non-union/small stipend paid.
Based on a 1996 film of the same name, The Spitfire Grill details the story of a young woman who is released from prison and decides to start a new life in a small mid-western town. She finds a place for herself working at the Spitfire Grill. But she—and the town—have old wounds that need healing, and it takes an unusual contest to pull everyone together to learn from one another and about themselves. The show is a tuneful and stirring tribute to small town life, and offers a charming and honest tale of hope and redemption.
Additional details about the show (and the original cast recording is available) at www.thespitfiregrill.com.
For additional information, including a cast breakdown and directions to the theater, please visit www.4thwalltheatre.org.